Bolu Cake is one of the foods you often encounter at certain occasions such as weddings, birthdays, recitals, and others. This food has a sweet taste that fits well in the mouth and has a very soft texture. These foods have different types of shapes and flavors. This food is one type of food that much enjoyed by the people of Indonesia.
Talking about this food with its soft texture and steady taste, it makes you addicted to trying it. Although this food is sold in many places, but you also do not worry if you want to make your own in an easy way. This food has a variety of health benefits for the body, some of the benefits of bolu cakes are;
- Good for eye health,
- Helps diet program,
- Good for bone health,
- Boost body immunity,
- Muscle formation,
- For the maintenance of body cells,
- Produces energy for the body,
- and Increased of heart health.
Bolu Cake in this type is very popular mostly Indonesians people, these of following Pandan cake bolu cookies recipe that you can try yourself at home;
- 100 grams of butter, melted
- 120 grams of low protein flour
- 75 grams of granulated sugar (for egg whites)
- 50 grams of granulated sugar, soft granules (for egg yolks)
- 30 ml of suji leaf water
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
How to make:
- Beat the egg yolks and 50 grams of sugar until thick, then fill in the flour, sifted, then add the butter that has been melted and suji leaf water, and stir until blended.
- Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until fluffy half, add sugar gradually while continuing to beat until fluffy.
- Pour the egg white mixture into the flour mixture gradually while stirring slowly.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and steam for 50 minutes until the water is boiling, then remove and let cool.
- Cut pieces of pastry that have been cooked according to your liking.
- Delicious Pandan Bolu Cake is ready to serve.
Ever seen our bolu cake so not fluffy? here are tips for success for steamed bolu cake to fluffy perfectly;
- Select the appropriate paper container
In order to shape her bolu beautiful, select the paper with the appropriate height, not too high and not too short.
- Use hollow prints
The point here is so that the steam can penetrate evenly into the batter of bolu cake.
- Do not open the lid of a steamer before it’s cooked!
If you open the cover of the steamer before cooked, of course, the results do not fully perfectly.
- Use the mixer at high speed
When shaking eggs with sugar, beat the dough until it is completely soft by using a high-speed mixer. After that, just enter the stage of flour to mix well.
- Use a new liquid soda
In order for the sponge to expand with maximum, always use a new soda, which of course has never been put in the refrigerator or opened.
- Cover the lid of the steamer with a clean cloth
Usually, if we steam the cake, the water inside will surely go into the batter dumplings. In order for the water does not go into the dough, seal the lid of the steamer with a clean cloth.
Good luck and Happy Enjoying this delicious Pandan Bolu Cake …